Nilgiri College of Arts & Science is a self-financing institute, established in 2012, with affiliation to Bharathiyar University Coimbatore, and offers programmes in various streams Computer Science, Literature, Commerce, Management and Psychology. These streams offer 9 UG programmes and 3 PG programmes. The college is nestled in a serene village amidst the lush green fields, towering epitome of state-of-the-art facilities. The campus facilitates plethora of creative endeavours and innovative and initiative that help the learners transfer into ideal human beings and competent professionals.
Admission to the programmes for an academic year begins in April and ends in June. The college, on the whole, ensures a transparent and fair admission process, purely on the basis of merit providing equal opportunity to all aspirants irrespective of their socio-economic, cultural and educational upbringing. The UG and PG programs strictly adhere to the norms and guidelines issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu and Bharathiyar university.
Under Graduate Programs
The candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary education (10+2) conducted by the recognized or an equivalent examination by the state government shall be eligible to join the under graduate program.
Post Graduate Programs
The candidates who have passed the UG program from any recognized university or an equivalent examination shall be eligible to join the Post Graduate program.
- A student is eligible for admission only if he /she has 75% average marks in the higher secondary examination.
- Applicants who are applying for a particular program must have an equivalent HSC certificate and prior knowledge of the respective subject.
- Initial payment and caution deposit should be paid at the time of admission.
- Add-on course fees should be paid at the beginning of each year.
- First instalment of the fee should be paid before the first internal examination and the second instalment of the course fees should be paid before the model examination for each semester.
- University examination fee and University graduation fee should be paid separately.
- Regular degree with Industry 4.0 Add on course includes, Internship/IV Visit of Three years Health club Membership.
- Hostel fee and transportation fee should be paid separately.
- Fees paid during the time of admission will not be refunded if the student discontinues his/her choice.
- The eligible students are given scholarships as per the Government norms and procedures laid by Government.
- The criteria for admission to any course shall be based on academic merit, performance in the entrance test, and personal interview.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years or above for UG Programs
- It is the responsibility of all candidates to read and understand the program requirements for the course into which they are seeking admission.
- The candidate should submit valid proof of passing the 12th and equivalent documents of the examination before the prescribed last date.
The following original certificates should be submitted by the candidates seeking admission to a course at the time of admission.
- Original mark statement of the qualifying Examinations (10th, +2 for UG, issued by the examination authority)
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct certificate
- Community certificate
- Provisional certificate ((in case of candidates seeking PG admission)
- Certificate of proof to be provided when admission is sought under some Special Quota / concessions like Differently able/ Sports Quota/ NCC/Ex-Servicemen
- Three sets of photocopies of the above certificates
CATEGORY WISE RESERVATION POLICY
- Number of seats Sanctioned : 50
- Total Seats Earmarked for Reservation : 25
- SC : 5
- ST : 1
- OBC : 12
- Divyangjan : 0
- Gen : 32
- Others : 8