Need for a help is a sign of strength
The Nilgiri College of Arts and Science is a college that constantly striving to maintain international standards of excellence in academic output, equally in the holistic emotional, mental, and physical well-being of its students. Over the many years of its existence, the college has provided all its students a dedicated academic as well as career guidance, and encouraged faculty mentorship of individual students.
To advance assistance and supports to the students in need, and to give easy access to adequate support for social, financial, mental and physical disabilities and challenges, the college has established Students Support Cell (SSC).
The Student Support Cells in Nilgiri College of Arts and Science have been constituted keeping in mind the welfare and to extend continuous care for students. The cell guides the students who need help to solve their personal and career problems and provides all sorts of help such as financial, counseling etc. under the direct supervision of management.
The Student Support Cell includes Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC), Minority Cell (MC), OBC Cell, SC & ST Cell.
Mission, Vision, and Objectives
Our mission is inclusive growth for everyone by encompassing everyone into the mainstream of society.
Our vision is to support students for their all-round development and help them in the time of crisis.
The Objectives are :
- To treat mental and physical incapacities as not merely a pathological problem but as a more complex situation that requires the care of specialists who offer constant support.
- To make awareness about ways to cope with academic pressures that often lead to mental health difficulties, and to assist students with the academic concerns that emerge from dealing with any short or long-term health condition.
- To help combat the general social taboos associated with anxieties and depression on campus, and to foster a positive outlook among students.
- To establish the college campus as a student-friendly safe space that is sensitive to physical and mental disabilities.
- To offer practical and constructive support to students in adjusting to a new environment as well as social or personal challenges that are specific to their age group and circumstances.