Innovation Entrepreneur and IPR Cell of Nilgiri Arts and Science college, Thaloor is a noble body which solely aims to bring Entrepreneurship awareness and mold the development of institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in the institution. The main aim of IEI are to promote entrepreneurship, to organize awareness camps, entrepreneurship development programs, faculty development programs, industrial visits etc
The major objectives of the cell is listed below:
To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The major roles and responsibilities of Incubation - Entrepreneur - IPR Cell is explained below:
- Enrolment of students as Innovation club member and allow them to work on innovative project.
- Periodic activities, workshops and competitions to keep the spark of creativity, innovation, design alive and thriving in students.
- Guidance for the development of innovative scientific solutions to solve everyday problems.
To provide technical support in the form of basic tool, shackles, equipment, raw materials and project manual/report.
- To monitor the activities of innovation club.
- To encourage the students to apply for various funds for their innovative projects.